Spring is almost here. Hooray! You can feel the weather getting warmer, the sun shining brighter. The birds chirping, and, best of all, it gets dark later, so the days are getting longer. Spring is my favourite season, so, naturally, when the end of March comes, I am already super excited. Officially, the spring solstice is on the 20th of March, but who says you should wait until then to decorate your home with beautiful flower arrangements, which are sure to lift your mood. So, keep reading to find some beautiful flower arrangement ideas, as well as some DIY flower arrangements you can try.
Firstly, I start my spring excitement with some spring cleaning. Yes, I know, what kind of a person could possibly like cleaning? But, well, I do. So, I put on my most comfortable clothes, blast some super cool music and get my cleaning on. Freddy Mercury style. Secondly, I try to get my home in the spring mood as much as possible. And adding flowers to your home decor is a big part of that. Trust me, waking up in the morning and smelling fresh flowers gives you a huge mood boost. Furthermore, it makes your home look amazing and fresh. Now, with our ideas, you will definitely get inspired and go to the flowers market ASAP.
So, what are the most popular flowers people use in their homes?
- Roses – naturally, roses are the most popular flower in the world. They look great, smell great and come in different colours. Therefore, people choose them for their home decor very often.
- Tulips – they are spring flowers, so they are very easy to come by right now. Same as the roses, tulips come in many different colours, which makes them a preferred choice for many florists.
- Orchids – I, personally, think orchids are breathtaking. They have this sense of class they bring with them and are a beautiful decoration for every home.
- Hyacinth – hyacinth also comes in many colours and is a very beautiful flower. Hyacinths’ strange shape contributes to its uniqueness, so if you are looking for something different, it will be your best option.
- Lilies – white and beautiful, they will bring lots of class and style to your home decor. Even if your design is in the minimalistic style, some lilies are sure to freshen the place up.
Beautiful flower arrangements bring a lot of character to every home
We already listed the most popular flower, but I think we should also note the ones, which may not be the most popular, but are just as beautiful.
- Gladiolus – they are absolutely stunning. They might be a bit harder to come by, but they also come in different colours, so they will be a great addition to any decor. What’s more, they are quite tall, so even a small bouquet of gladiolus is sure to be noticed.
- Carnations – they also come in different colours and are very beautiful. When partnered with some floral fillings, they can create a breathtaking bouquet.
- Daisies – although they are quite simple and often overlooked, daisies are a great addition to any flower arrangement.
- Sunflowers – if you want to think of sunshine every time you look at your kitchen table centerpieces, then sunflowers is the way to go. Although, they are fall flowers, they can still be found in spring and are absolutely amazing to look at.
- Gerberas – they are very similar to the sunflower. Plus side – they come in different colours and are a great substitute for sunflowers.
Colourful floral arrangements
Get creative with using a cup instead of a vase for you flower centerpieces
Succulents are also a great addition to any flower arrangement
Why not mix in fruits with your flowers
New trend – vases filled with orange or lemon slices
Orchids – the most beautiful floral centerpieces
Tulips – spring flower arrangements
For a minimalistic look opt for potted succulents
Beautiful sunflowers in a vase filled with lemon slices – as fresh as it gets
Not every flower arrangement needs to be in a vase
Flower arrangement ideas in white
Now, because we are super cool, we are going to show you some ideas and DIY flower arrangements so you can make your own beautiful flower centerpieces.
For easier arrangement use tape to keep your flowers in place
This is especially useful for flowers with a shorter stem
Use a square vase inside a larger round vase and fill it with lemon slices and fill the square one with flowers
How to make flower arrangements – first, prepare your flowers
Remove the leaves, which are going to be below the water
Cut the stems in a 45° angle
Get your tape and prepare your vase
Large, medium, small – that is the order in which you need to go
You can also use styrofoam to keep your flowers in place
Put the greenery around the styrofoam
Stick the flowers into the styrofoam
Once again, keep in mind the large, medium, small rule
Mason jar flower arrangements
Floral fillers to use for your flower arrangements ideas
Interesting and modern flower arrangement
Mix it up with fruits and flowers
If you are not a fan of the vase you have, decorate it with paper straws
Roses, roses, roses
Use leaves to hide the flowers’ stems
Get creative – even the smallest bouquets could have a great effect on your decor
Use lavender to create a relaxed and cozy environment
Succulents kitchen table centerpieces
Sunflowers floating in water