Today’s Patch 18.0 includes a handful of Battlegrounds updates and gameplay enhancements. Its arrival means Hearthstone’s latest expansion, Scholomance Academy , is almost here! All Scholomance Academy cards have been officially revealed and while you can’t use the new cards until they’re unlocked on August 6 , you can get a head start on building your launch day decks. with our online deck builder!
- Kel’Thuzad’s Kitty [Passive]
- When a player dies, find a minion from their party. It keeps all the enchantments.
Players with Battlegrounds perks will have early access to Mr. Bigglesworth before the hero is officially released on August 13.
- [Tier 2] 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Battlecry: Give + 1 / + 1 to 3 random allied minions of different minion types.
- [Tier 4] 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Battlecry: Give 3 random allied minions of different minion types + 2 / + 2.
- Zoobot has been removed from the battlefield
- The Menagerie Magician has been removed from the battlefield.
Various game improvements and updates
- Class-specific weapon frames have been added to every weapon in Hearthstone.
- Scholomance Academy Cards will be added to Arena when the expansion is unlocked on August 6.
- Free decks for new and old players have been updated (recipes can be found here). *
- Returning players no longer need to complete the returning player experience to claim their free deck.
- Toxic damage now has a poison damage special indicator and effect.
- Pressing the Hide button on the mobile when choosing a card in the game will now also hide the banner that describes the choice, no longer obscuring the view of the opponent’s armor total.
- Spells created by Evocation will now disappear at the same time at the end of the turn instead of one by one.
- Target indicators now more accurately represent an opponent’s target selection when aiming at a battle cry or targeted spell.
- Removed a damage effect delay for Mad Bomber and Demolisher.
- Reduced the delay between launching Plot Twist and its shuffle animation.
- Fixed a bug where Galakrond the Tempest would show the leveling animation on the deck during the fourth Invoke.
- Fixed a bug that prevented heroes from properly reinserting into their portraits after attacking.
- Fixed visual display issues with the Might of Deathwing Battlegrounds Heroes.
- The battleground summon speed improvements for Pack Leader and Mama Bear have been reintroduced.
* Limited to one per account. A returning player is defined as a player who has not logged into Hearthstone for 120 consecutive days.
Free Class Launch and Legendary Quests
Starting August 6, players will receive a Scholomance Academy Legendary Class Card just for logging in, and can complete a legendary quest chain to earn a total of six Scholomance Academy card packs! ** Quests will initially be available on the following dates:
- August 6, 10 a.m. PT: Play 25 cards in Play mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
- August 7, 10 a.m. PT: Play 20 spells in any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs
- August 8, 10 a.m. PT: Win 3 games in any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
** Limit of one random Legendary Class card per account. You must log in before October 27 to claim.