If you ask anyone on this planet what they would like to change about their body, 99% would say-WEIGHT!
A lot of people struggle with losing weight and just can’t find the right path to follow for their weight loss journey. But what if I tell you how to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. It almost seems impossible right?
Losing weight not only is going to boost your confidence, but it will also help you stay healthy and make you live longer.
Here are simple tips and tricks on how to lose weight: We all know that our day starts in the morning, but so does your weight loss journey:
1) First thing to do when you wake up is to consume some warm water with lemon juice. It will boost your metabolism and aid in faster weight loss.
2) Eat at least 5 times a day! I know allot of people think that eating fewer meals will help you lose weight, but that is all wrong. If you eat small portions throughout the day, it will help your body to take good nutrients from food and reject bad ones.
3) Another simple trick to lose weight is to drink loads of water every day. And if you don’t like the taste of bare water, you can always squeeze some lemon juice in it. This will also help you get closer to lose 20 pounds.
4) Cut out on the carbs! Your bodies need carbohydrates to survive but only good ones, not chocolate or hamburgers. Fat and grease from these foods sticks to your body and doesn’t leave for a long time. Soon they gather in layers and you start gaining weight.
If you really want to dedicate yourself to weight loss, you can follow these simple ways on how to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks:
5) Drink apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach. This simple fluid will boost your metabolism and fill your stomach like crazy, you don’t ever need to be afraid of not losing weight ever again.
6) Drink green tea after every meal. This tasty tea will help you in achieving your goal in less than a month. It also has other great nutrients that will help you in maintenance of your health.
7) Run before your first meal. This is very important because it boosts your energy and it is also a more effective way of burning calories.
8) Replace one meal with fruits.
9) Eat healthy carbohydrates. Carbs like nuts or avocado are great for weight loss.
10) Drink water while eating If you drink water while eating a delicious slice of pizza, it is proven that eventually, you’ll get bored of it and stop eating.
11) Don’t stay calm for your metabolism to work at its best, you should be in movement constantly.
12) Make your own food If someone else makes your dinner it is more likely that you are going to eat it all.
13) Stop making excuses Don’t think you can make excuse for eating unhealthy or not exercising. It will all stop you from achieving your goal. Mistakes happen, but you should never stop.
14) Motivation: Lastly, the most important thing is to be motivated through entire weight loss journey. Find some inspirational quotes or pictures to keep you motivated. But remember you, yourself should be your biggest motivation.
Why Is Diet More Important Than Exercise for Weight Loss?
Lots of people say that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Even though it is kind of correct, to stay on the right track you should focus on your diet and exercise. Without diet and exercise, there is no result.
Go to the gym, or any other exercise that you should be preferably done in the morning. The reason being that after you take your daily meals, your body starts to become heavy, which will limit you from exercising to a good extent.
Morning time is the best and fresh time. You can take your protein shakes with you to the gym if you are not affected by its contents. Whey or Casein proteins are high sources of proteins derived from milk. You should also keep in mind that your protein powder is a renowned company.
15) Avoid fat burners and any kinds of steroids, They might bring you immediate effect but can surely cause you long time consequences.
16) Your breakfast should be heavy, lunch a little bit less and the dinner should be the lightest. Night time is for sleep and because there is no physical activity at rest time, so the dinner should be light.
17) Consume oats. They are rich in fiber and favor fat loss.
18) Avoid egg yolks and stuff like butter, ghee, fast foods, etc.
19) Consider exercise, if you go to the gym, you can go for sit-ups, ab crunches, squats, deadlifts, etc. for losing weight, especially your belly fat. And if you are not a student in the gym, you can go for crunches and sit-ups along with the plank exercise, some running, some jumping, etc.
Summarizing all these, the important point to note is that you should try to give at least an hour of exercise daily to lose weight quickly and safely.
Here are some diet and exercise tips to make you stay on track
20) Have 1 cheat meal per week. You are not going to gain all weight back if you eat 1 cheat meal per week. It is just going to remind you that there is something waiting for you.
21) Ginger is amazing for weight loss, and you can drink it as an ingredient in your daily cup of tea or even slice it into a fruit salad.
22) Replace snacks with nuts as the are a tasty alternative for all those unhealthy snacks that you are used to eating. They fill you up quickly and have loads of healthy benefits.
23) Don’t starve yourself, if you don’t eat anything for some period of time, your body will go into starvation mode and once you start eating normally you will gain all the weight back again.
24) Cardio has always been known to be the best type of exercise for burning fats and calories. Exercises like running or cycling will show great results in no time.
25) Light weights If you want to tone certain parts of your body, lifting light weights will help you lose weight in places that you want.
26) Don’t overdo yourself This is very important because a lot of exercising in once can lead to muscle pain or even worse. Do as much as you can and stop when you need to.
Healthy Foods that will help You to Lose Weight
Now you might be thinking, what are some healthy food items that will help you to lose weight. Many of us might be vegetarians and many, non- vegetarians. So, combining foods for both the category of people, we can prepare a huge list of healthy foods.
These include green vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, fish, chicken breast, beef, beans and legumes, tuna, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, almonds, avocados, cottage cheese, etc.
Choose a High Protein diet, Less Fat & Avoid Bad Fats
27) Choose food with high protein content and less fat. There are two types of fats, one being good fat and the other being bad fat. Good fats are monosaturated fats. Their primary source is olive oil. It helps to reduce bad fat in your body.
Good fat also includes polyunsaturated fats found in fish, sunflower oil, nuts and corn. Lastly, good fats include Omega-3 polyunsaturated fats that are found in fishes like salmon or in vegetable oil.
Avoid Bad Fats
28) Avoid bad fats, which include Saturated fats and Trans fat. Saturated fats are found in butter, hard cheese, coconut oil, etc. And Trans fat is found in Dairy products, margarine, etc.
What to Eat to lose weight in thighs
A lot of people ask the same question: What to eat to lose weight. Some think it’s all about calories, but that is not the case here.
Here is a list of foods you should eat if on a weight loss regime:
29) Fresh fruits: Fresh fruits, especially the ones with loads of water content are great for weight loss as they provide you sugar as well and your body needs it to be fully function.
30) Raw vegetables: Even though some raw vegetables are not as tasty as they taste after being cooked or fried, raw vegetables have all important nutrients that your body needs for its healthy functioning.
31) Nuts: Nuts are the best thing you can eat while on a diet but do not consume nuts excessively.
32) Fish: Fish is a great alternative to meat, and it is way healthier than red meat or bologna.
33) Eggs: There are a lot of diets that include eating even up to 12 eggs a day. But to keep it healthy, one egg a day is probably the best way to go. It has a lot of great benefits and will also help you with weight loss.
34) Cinnamon – If you only put 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in your cup of green teathen you can see a major difference in your weight in less than a month.
35) Honey: Last but not the least, honey. It is a great sugar alternative for your hot beverages or even when you need something sweet. It is healthy and tastes well mixed with cinnamon and ginger. Honey can be used as a substitute for sugar in majorly all delicacies.
Conclusion & Recommendation
Finally, a word of recommendation would include the fact that eat small meals at regular intervals and do not be lethargic in your daily routines. It will not only help in weight loss but, will also make you feel healthy and stress free.
To conclude, diet and exercise do not exist only for people who want to lose weight. These do have a major impact on your overall health and your entire appearance. People who eat healthy and exercise regularly, usually have a healthier life, longer hair, cleaner and glowing skin, longer nails and obviously a much longer life span. Also, since it is proven that people with healthy lifestyle live longer, so it is now your responsibility and job to decide, whether you want to continue living your life as you are living now, or do you want to improve yourself as a person and give your body a chance to shine in its full glow and live longer.
Finally, after all, the discussion, and after getting a clear idea on how to lose weight quickly and safely, you should keep in mind that success does not come to you without hard work.If you follow the correct steps, you will obviously reach the topmost floor. So, work hard and get yourself motivated by watching some weight transformation videos on the internet.
Always do follow the advice of an experienced health expert. Last, but not the least, your motto should be – STAY LEAN AND STAY FIT.