Your bedroom should be your safe haven. It should be the place in your home where you feel the safest. What’s more, it should be cozy and create a nice atmosphere, so you can relax and take all the rest you might need. That is why, it is very important to keep a few tips in mind when you are decorating your bedroom. In this article, we are going to give you some advice on how to best decorate a stylish and modern bedroom. So, keep reading to find 80 minimalistic and cozy master bedroom ideas.
Whether you have a big, or a small master bedroom, it doesn’t matter. It can still be extremely stylish and designed in a way, which expands the space and creates a cozy environment. The trend lately has been, the less, the better, same goes for your bedroom. According to Marie Kondo and her KonMari method, the less clutter you have in your home, the more organised your life is. Therefore, the less things you have in your bedroom, the more peaceful your rest would be.
Minimalistic master bedroom ideas
How to decorate a bedroom?
- Pick subtle colours – bright colours bring excitement, therefore are not very appropriate for a relaxing environment. That is why, your bedroom needs more subtle colours. You can always add a little fun detail here and there, but keep it simple. Beige, brown, grey, black and white are perfect colours and are very on trend in the minimalist design right now. If you still want some colours, you can opt for light blue or light purple, for example.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a good headboard. It adds a lot of character to your bedroom and can serve as an accent for the whole bedroom. What’s more, some people go as far as to create a headboard that goes all the way up to the ceiling. They serve as accent walls, as well.
- Good lightning is very important. Because you don’t really need that good of a lightning in a bedroom, people tend to overlook this small detail. However, it is quite important. Firstly, having good bed side lamps is important if you like to read in bed. Secondly, nowadays, people have gotten very creative with LED lights. They install them into the walls, or even into the bed frame. That creates a soft glowing light, which brings a very modern and stylish look to your bedroom.
Stylish idea for a monochromatic bedroom
How to decorate a small bedroom?
- Big mirrors are a key to expanding any space. Nowadays, you can find wardrobes with whole mirrors for doors, which is extremely helpful. Furthermore, you can get creative and mix in smaller mirrors into your walls.They create the optical illusion for more space.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with materials. Wood is always a great option for any room. It is timeless and brings a lot of coziness to any room. However, interior designers seem to get more risky and mix in marble and granite into bedrooms. You might think that these materials will make your bedroom seem cold and unwelcoming. Think again! When mixed with the right accessories, they look sooo stylish and beautiful, you would definitely want them.
- Pick the right furniture. Maybe you don’t have space for a king size bed, that’s fine. Be aware of your space and make sure you get furniture that fit well in it. If, however, you are super keen on a king size bed, keep the rest of the furniture simple and small. Don’t forget the less clutter, the more organised your life is.
Master bedroom ideas for tall windows and ceilings
Keep in mind that you don’t have to compromise with your comfort, in order to have a modern looking bedroom. Whether you are redecorating, or have just bought a new place and are looking for ideas, remember to plan ahead. Be aware of your space, budget and most importantly, your comfort.
Wood and white – simple, yet stylish combination
Warm beige colour mixed with a modern design
Light blue and wood – perfect combination
Minimalistic bedroom design ideas
Master bedroom decor with wood and LED lights
Small master bedroom ideas
Master bedroom wall decor
Master bedroom decorating ideas
Marble infused bedroom
Sometimes the bed linens can bring the colour in your bedroom
Talking about minimalism
Modern bedroom ideas
Soft LED lightning brings coziness and warmth
How to decorate your room in a minimalist style
Master bedroom wall decor