If your wrists didn’t look like this in 2002 you’re either lying, or you really missed out
As a child of the 90s, I can confirm that friendship bracelets Patterns were all the rage. I had the Klutz book with the special little thread pouch, and my best friend and I literally started a business selling them during recess for either 25 or 50 cents each depending on how complicated the pattern was. So, it’s safe to say I know a thing or two about these braided beauties — to include knowing that they’re still cool.
With that in mind, here are 18 aspirational DIY friendship bracelet projects that will take you right back to summer camp. Looks like it’s time to head out to the craft store, folks.
1. Start simple with a dainty heart bracelet
2. Go back to basics with these camp classics
3. Or try this variation on the fishtail pattern for a different effect
4. Get fancy with a macrame ring bracelet
5. Go monochromatic with an intricate pattern
Stack these bracelets for a color block effect with an added pattern.
6. Go tribal
7. Show your love with a heart pattern
9. Weave a wave
Just keep knotting for this lovely layered pattern.
10. Tie up a nautical knot
Channel your inner-Girl Scout and tie a chunky knot to achieve this nautical-inspired arm candy.
11. Or ditch the knots and go for a wrap
12. Bead up your bangles
Upgrade your basic bracelet with a dainty strand of beads.
13. Build a bright stack of bracelets
Try a chunky bracelet method to create a bold stack brimming with color and texture.
14. Wear your patriotism on your wrist
Show some love for your homeland with this patriotic pattern.
15. Make a super-simple beaded bracelet
16. Bedazzle your bracelet
17. Make a wide statement
This colorful statement piece takes friendship bracelets Patterns straight to the next level.