A few years ago pointy nails were considered too flashy and even a little bit eccentric. Today, they are one of the hottest manicure trends around. Once you try them out, you will never want any other nail shape! We can guarantee that your hands will be the center of attention, wherever you go. Plus, sharp tips look great on big and small nails, and will make your fingers look longer, more slender and exquisitely delicate. Or to put it simply – pointy nails are classy, yet also provocative, and make the perfect decoration for the female hands!
Elegant, sharp pointy nails
Learn how to shape your nails with this nifty tutorial:
Make gorgeous manicures in the comfort of your own home!
If you prefer a more eye-catching, extravagant look, there are many options to choose from
Bright nail colors will boost your mood
Almond-shaped, pointy nails used to be very popular in the past – they can be spotted on pin-up posters from the 40s and 50s. At the time, Merilyn Monroe was the perfect embodiment of female beauty. Her popularity was due to a combination of mannerisms, clothes and grooming – the use of bright red lipstick and matching nail polish was her trade mark look. She might have seemed as a bit too cheeky and racy when compared to her more conservative peers, but today she is perceived as a style icon and continues to inspire women and men alike.
Using lipstick and nail polish in matching colors is a characteristic trait of the pin-up style
Lana Del Rey – the contemporary pin-up girl
Loads of celebrities have been wearing pointy nails for years. Even though stars often change and update their looks in accordance to latest fashion trends, sharp manicures have stood the test of time, and proven that they will always be relevant. Lana Del Ray is often seen wearing pointy or “stiletto” nails, and the look is also favored by A -listers such as Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and many others. Luckily, you don’t need to be a star to be able to recreate this glamorous look at home!
Celebrities with gorgeous pointy nails:
1. Adele – understated, yet chic and stylish stiletto manicure
Adele gives us another example of classy pointy nails in beige
2. Lady Gaga
3. Lady Gaga VS Beyonce
4. Nicki Minaj
In order to successfully recreate the pointy nails look for yourself, you should grow your nails long and insure that they are healthy. For this, you will need:
- a lot of vitamins and minerals in your diet – the intake of vitamin B7 (also called biotin) is especially significant. You can find it in mushrooms, nuts, oatmeal, egg yolks, as well as a few fruits and vegetables.
- nourishing creams or oils for your nails, cuticles and hands. Softer and well-moisturized skin will make the removal of cuticles a lot easier and will also keep your hands healthy and beautiful. Although there are many hand products on the market, you should try to avoid those that contain parabens and preservatives. Instead, opt for nourishing oils with natural ingredients, or try to make your own hand cream at home.
- good nail care instruments: a high quality nail file is absolutely essential. In addition, you will need products for cleaning and disinfection – nail cleaner, cuticle pusher, cutter (although the latter is optional and we would advise against it), disinfecting spray, nail polish remover, etc. After you have thoroughly washed and soaked your nails, you can start removing the cuticles. Once done, file and buff your manicure, shaping it in an oval and pointy form.
Pointy manicures make your nail-plates look longer, and give them an exotic look
In addition, they look luxurious and chic, as exemplified by this Burberry-inspired design
Accessorize your hands even further, by adding one or more tasteful rings
In order to help you find ideas and inspiration, we have devoted this article to the best pointy nail designs. Our team worked hard to collect the most beautiful, stylish and unusual sharp manicure looks. As a result, we gathered over 130 unique styles. From classic, simple and understated solutions, to elaborate, imaginative and even eccentric ideas, there is a perfect pointy nail look for everyone! If you would like to see an even bigger variety of styles, check out our other nail art articles. We have loads of tips and inspiration, just waiting to be discovered!
1. Make your own acrylic nails – quick and easy tutorial
2. A cool and affordable solution
When it comes to nail design, you can let your imagination run free. You don’t need to be a professional beautician to make exquisite manicures on your own. If you find painting tricky, there is a wide selection of nail decal stickers available on the market. Rhinestones are always in fashion, and look delicate and glamorous. Matt nail polish colors, glitter and metallic finish, nail jewelry – there are so many styles you can try. Naturally, understand classical manicures are very elegant and chic, but every now and then it’s good to experiment with a more unusual design. So scroll down and get inspired by our gallery! We have included only the latest and very best nail looks!
Combine several different designs for a truly unique manicure
Stunning marble effect
We love this Frankenstein-inspired Halloween manicure!
Grey and turquoise look great together, especially with added sparkle!
Dreamy mermaid nails
Bright colors are perfect for the summer
Eccentric, yet elegant – an unusual combination
Make sure to use only high quality nail products!
Lovely gel nails
These heart-shaped nail tips are a great idea for Valentine’s day
Matte nail polish with an attractive lace pattern
Playful, colorful cute
If you are wearing a simple, minimalist nail design, accessorize your hands with glamorous rings
Gentle pastel colors
Pointy nails with gorgeous silver elements
Creative and imaginative nail decoration
‘The more colors the better’ should be your motto for the summer
Simple diamond-shape design
A clever pointy nails illusion
Understated, classy and beautiful – a timeless look
Chic minimalist manicure with rhinestone stickers
More cool ideas
Abstract and stylish, what’s not to like?
More pastel color ideas
Animal prints are also a favorite
The perfect look for date night